Sunday 2 February 2014

AVIES DUVET DAY







Things finally caught up with me today and I was obliged to spend the greater part of it in my nice snug bed. I managed to make the ,morning coffee,God knoweth how? Getting out of bed felt like like climbing out of a deep well and it took me a good half hour to pull myself together and actually get the coffee to the boys.

With the house playing host to a game we needed to get moving and the three of us met in the kitchen in various states of disarray at nine thirty. In a rash moment I have promised the boys bacon rolls for Sunday breakfast and although they were willing to release me from my promise I fried of lots of streaky bacon and place a basket of soft breakfast rolls on the table and as they quick;y vanished I was glad I had kept my word.

We tackled the washing up between us and before the first gamer arrived I was safely snuggled under a very soft fleece,where at last I slept.

I woke at three in the afternoon and felt energetic enough to wash my hair and tidy my room a little.
For dinner served up the remainder of a large lamb shoulder which we have yesterday with Dauphinois potatoes. Tonight I served it with mashed potato, five root mash, which included celeriac and mint sauce. The meat thinly sliced was placed in a roasting dish, topped with a rich gravy and the heated in the oven until boiling.

Now seated at my desk I am tired once again and hope that with luck I shall sleep tonight.
Staying awake while writing is a problem these days and while I can fall asleep at my computer or at the dinner table once I get in to bed sleep eludes me until about six in the morning.


For now I am off to watch “Top Gear” with my son. Enjoy your evening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment