Wednesday 19 February 2014

GOODBYE,FOR NOW.






These days I seem to be spending an inordinate amount of time either ill, or in pain, or both. I dislike giving a catalogue of my ailments and the assorted treatments as it is about as interesting as reading a medical catalogue...with the exception of course of the surgical appliance pages which I find fascinating.........how the hell does anyone manage to function while using the blessed things......?

Did you know that you have to be fitted for a truss, in exactly the way you would be fitted for a bespoke suit of clothes! I kid you not, I once knew a truss fitter, nice chap but inclined to be a trifle whimsical under the circumstances,I often felt.

Enough of this frippery! Finding the time and energy to write anything readable these days is well nigh impossible as I keep on falling asleep. I am still managing to cook family dinner...with a little help but sadly very little more.

The bulldozing of my beloved garden could not have come at a worse time as I was unable to
go out and lie in front of the machine. The beautiful damson tree with the first tips of white flower just beginning to show was hacked down mercilessly,and yes I was dreadfully upset, though seeing everything through a fog of pain may well have saved me from even worse distress.

Please forgive me if I neglect you for a time, shall pop in when ever I can over the next few months.
One piece of terrific news is that my son,who's books are still selling very well indeed has a double release coming up in a couple of weeks. The Adventures of the Battle Cruiser Alamo has found an appreciative and rapidly growing audience. Published by Amazon it is well worth a look if you love Sci Fi.

He also has a Sword and Sorcery novel “Swords of the Damned” out in a week or two.

Thank you all for reading about and for caring about Avies Small World, although it is now even smaller and even though Avie is sick, that lovely little world lives on in the birdsong, and the winter crocus that still star the ground in the the broken orchard.

What is left is still unbelievably sweet.





1 comment: