Friday 1 June 2012

NUTS IN JUNE





Something tells me that we are overfeeding the squirrels,this morning While standing in the garden admiring the flowers A sharp pain behind the ear caused me to turn and as I did so I was hit smartly on the nose by a peanut.
Why the squirrel did this I have no means of knowing ,all I do know is that the little blighter was a crack shot.

Recently a group of youngsters have appeared in the garden,tiny, vulnerable and heartbreakingly beautiful,still I can not help but wonder what would happen if they decided to throw pebbles instead of peanuts.

Speaking of nuts,nuts of a different sort we had quite an eventful time of it last night, a young couple decided to have a blazing argument right outside our garden gate. We have had this sort of thing happen many times but my word this pair took the taco!

Their car pulled up and she got out screaming abuse, she slammed the door and he drove off only to return a few moments later as she was making a telephone call. He leaned across and opened the door presumably expecting er to get in, instead she removed her shoe and began to hammer his windscreen with it. Put came the young man ,grabbed her shoe and threw in over the railings into our garden.



Now she was good and mad, she stalked down the garden path to look for her shoe and found instead our heavy metal sprinkler stand and heaving it out of the ground she hobbled back into the lane and with one blow smashed the car's windscreen. While the young chap, who's language by now matched the young ladies, went to look at the damage she beat a tattoo upon the car roof and then went round pt the rear of the car and using the bar again put out his tail lights!

Grabbing the bar in an attempt to prevent more damage there followed a tussle which left the protagonists lying on the pavement,the young man now in possession of the metal pipe threw it over the fence to join the still missing shoe. Now it was my turn to be cross as the heavy pipe fell in to a clump of \Marguerite and flattened them totally.

Really I thought enough is enough and I went down stairs returning a moment later with a length of hosepipe and a jet nozzle with I attached to the bathroom taps .I found what followed very satisfactory indeed for as I was downstairs fetching the hose the couple had apparently made-up their quarrel and the young man was in the process of furnishing the lady with a large bouquet of flowers.....................picked from my garden!

I aimed the spray through the open window of the car and that was enough to cause a hurried withdrawal on their part. Thankfully I returned to my long neglected bed and actually slept until seven. On answering the door to an early delivery I noticed on the step a lovely bouquet of flowers with a note attached which read”Sorry about last night”.
I wonder from whose garden the noisy young urchin nicked them!

No comments:

Post a Comment