Monday 18 June 2012

A SHOCKING REVELATION







We are now entering our second week without a bath and although we have the use of the bath in the currently empty house next door it is far from being a satisfactory arrangement,
It happens that the bath to which we have access is unusually deep and as both Pa and I have great difficulty extracting ourselves from our own normal depth one we have discovered that the only way to use the bath is to stand up and wash as best we can or sit down ,have a proper bath and then call out the fire brigade....not a difficult choice!

Intrusions while one is bathing are common as a stream of prospective tenants, painters, decorators,carpet fitters and plumbers are at work in the building. Really the prospect of almost another two weeks without our own bathing facilities is daunting, when I broke the news to my son the language was atrocious and I freely admit that my own was little better.

Tiling is now in progress and it is apparently the tiles which will cause the delay,though I must say that they are doing a wonderful job. White dimpled tiles ans a tan mosaic border will look wonderful with the flooring we chose yesterday.

Today and for the second time this week my buggy broke down while I was about a mile away from home. Yesterday for no reason it just stopped dead in spite of having a full charge on the battery. I managed to get it going again yesterday by pressing the re-set button but today she just refused to play. I was pushed home by an energetic soul to whom I shall be forever indebted.

Early morning bread making produced some lovely loaves and I decided upon a dinner of cheese soufflé with crispy panchetta, fried haloomi and salad as fresh bread really compliments this meal.
My son managed to eat a little dinner and although very weary he tells me that he feels a little better, poor darling,he has had a rough trot these past couple of months.

Early nights all round are on the cards for tonight as early mornings are essential when builders are in the house,oh the blessed relief when nice as they all are they finally depart and we can return to getting up in pour own time and being able to close the doors during the day.

Twiggy has surprised us and has taken kindly to the plumber Chris of who she appears fond, the others she tolerates but even this is progress indeed! Perhaps the ownership of her new outdoor cat house has sweetened her attitude to strangers,who can say?

No comments:

Post a Comment