Tuesday 9 November 2010

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE


Today was always going to be tough but I am jolly glad I did not realise how tough when I woke this morning,I would have stayed in bed. My son and were up betimes and whiled away over an hour trying to wake Pa and drinking coffee in the meantime. It became obvious that Pa was going to be difficult today, and so he was. I shall not go in to details but rely on me what followed was both distressing and difficult, I was at my wits end.
Having got Pa cleaned up and back in bed I made some porridge for breakfast,Pa slept and we were glad that it was so.

By eleven thirty the electricians had still not arrived and as I needed to make bread I called and asked as polity as possible,where the hell they were,It worked,they arrived within minutes. It took a while but they fixed the grill and left, leaving the usual filthy footprints on the carpets and dirty finger marks on the paint work. First things first, and within an hour there were four beautiful barley corn loaves cooling under clean tea towels and smelling wonderfully.
One bright spot in the morning was a welcome visit from some friends and we had coffee and shortcakes as we swapped news
.
During the course of the late morning and well in to the afternoon my clever son assembled a new tile topped kitchen trolley for me and then went on to make up a nest of coffee tables. The instructions which came with both items was up to the usual standard of lunacy and were in fact unintelligible, no surprises there then! He made an excellent job of both and they look wonderful, Once again I grovel for former disparaging remarks about his skills as a handyman.

It was bin day and so I sorted that out in the pouring rain and managed to twist my knee and sprain my shoulder, not very clever! That done I set about making a game pie for dinner. I added some carrots and parsnips to the pie to speed things up and served the pie with large sweet potatoes and rich gravy, it was perfect for such a cold wet evening
.
We tidied up the living room and kitchen while the pie cooked and I must say it looks really good. The new coffee tables leave more space in the living room and the trolley has lots of staoving slept all day he will now be awake all night and so will I, I am just happy that he is himself again, for now at least. I am prouder than I can say of my dear son,his cheerful strength is an example and a constant reminder that no matter what happens the world is a wonderful place with such a truly kind and selfless person to share it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment