Thursday 25 November 2010

PROVIDENCE AGAIN


As I have perhaps I may have mentioned before my firm relief that if I truly need something providence will provide sooner of later. It has happened to me so often that I have to believe,and today it happened again. For some time now I have been in need of some new flat bed sheets and pillow cases. Unfortunately there has always been something more important to spend the money on. I stopped buying cheap poly cotton sheets years ago as they always go bobbley and wear out quickly, the trouble is that the really good ones cost a fortune and although they are an investment I was not inclined to out lay so much at this time of year.

I had been looking at some just two days ago and had decided that I should purchase a set of red and a set of cream with matching pillow cases in the as soon as possible in the new year. This morning my neighbours came round to see us and asked if I had any use for some bed linen. They had been a gift and were brand new but the colours were wrong for there décor being a set of red and a set of cream. Quite a coincidence don't you think, and 800 thread count pure cotton too, I was amazed and of course very pleased and promptly set to work on a large batch of buck wheat pancakes for their tea. I have this kind of luck so often, I have no idea why.

I had made plenty of pancakes I decided to do some sausage and bacon skewers with tabbouleh and spied tomato sauce, a favourite dish at our house and quick to make, which is as well as I do not seem to have done very much today and yet was short of time. I had intended to do some of the upstairs cleaning today and wash my hair,, I did neither of these things and I now wonder where the time has gone. Well the work will still be there tomorrow and it has been a very nice sort of day so that I have no complaints.
We are all piling in to my room tonight to watch “Have I got news for you”, a funny and often rather clever show, depending on the guests but always worth watching I think.
After that it will be early nights all round as we all have to be up early tomorrow and are still rather croaky having not yet managed to shake off the prevailing plague. In spite of everything it has been a lovely week so far, all of us at home, snug in our little cottage and full of plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment