Sunday 30 January 2011

DECISIONS


After two and a half years my the outfit my son works for have at last decided to give him what should be an annual appraisal. You may remember my commenting upon their lack of professionalism a week or so ago. It still angers me that a company which demands such accuracy and professionalism from its employees behaves in such a cavalier fashion towards them.
Much depends upon their attitude tonight, that is of course if they do not cancel, it will not be the first time if so!
The people who make the decisions should realise that their own livelihood is heavily dependent upon the high standard of work produced night after night often in difficult situations by people like my son and his team of hero's. Every one of them is committed too do his or her best, it is as I said before a great pity that their diligence and hard work go unnoticed more often than not.
They have tried my sons patience to the utmost, enough said.

We are looking forward to our week off. My son is off to Portsmouth on Wednesday and we hope for a good outcome from his visit. He is still planning a couple of retreats in the next few weeks, I believe he is going to spend a week in the Dark Peak in Derbyshire, close to were we used to live.
“It,s a wild and lonely place you understand.” To quote Private Frazer but stunningly beautiful at any time of the year. It is just the place for cosy log fires and brisk walks in the frosty air when the ground is as hard as bell metal and rings when you walk upon it. At least his mind is working on other things and I am only too happy for him to forget about work for a while, it seems to me that diligence, honesty and loyalty count for very little in a world full of crawlers.

The ironing raised it's ugly head again today and I dealt with the mountain with a very bad grace
Even the cat hates ironing day as she is afraid of the steam and she scoots off the moment she sees the ironing board.. Her look of reproach as she leave the room is enough to wither the soul. Pa gave me a box of chocolates last night and I did enjoy myself curled up in bed, I felt very special, it is so nice to be spoiled a little now and then.

I am making a special type of bread tomorrow, so you may expect a recipe, I also intend to make a cake if there is time as my kind neighbours have not had a lemon drizzle cake for a month.

I do hope you all had a relaxing weekend and wish for us all a good week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment