Thursday 13 January 2011

PLAGUE

The prevailing plague has struck our house with a vengeance. My poor son who has been feeling seedy for a few days was so ill at work last night that he had to leave early. Had he listened to his fond Mama he would not have gone to work in the first place. He has been very sick and has a a temperature, shivering one minute and burning up the next. I have spent the day trying to make him as comfortable as possible and he went to sleep at about six.,having been disturbed during the afternoon . Needless to say he is not going to work tonight for the good and simple reason that I shall not wake him. He has been fretting all day about having to take sick leave and when I tell you that he has not had a day off through illness for over two years you will understand that he takes his job very seriously indeed . I expect he will be cross with me for not waking him.......tough..... I am putting my foot down this time. The people he works for are not worthy of his loyalty and I feel very much like telling his boss (who could not give a damn anyway ) exactly what I think of him and the rotten company!
My son was was mugged about five years ago by five hooligans armed with numchucks, he ended up in hospital with broken fingers and his face was so badly bruised that he could not see for several days. In spite of this he returned to work having taken only four days off ,On his return a member of management took it upon himself to point out that too much time off looked bad on his record, what an out and out b.....d !
I was positively incandescent, but unsurprised at this attitude, it is par for the course where my son works.

The company expects absolute loyalty from their employees but it is very much a one way street,some have not had a rise for two years although they have made the company millions of pounds during that time and been forced by appalling management decisions to work in almost impossible conditions. Being overworked mistakes sometimes occur and them the management do there best to shuffle of the blame to anyone who happens to be handy, it is a great pity that they do not see fit to praise their hard working employees when they do well

Of course it is not just my son,s employers who behave in this way, it is a general plague among the managers of many companies, I call it “Insect Authority Syndrome”. People who are placed in management positions and are perhaps a little less than competent compensate for this lack by behaving like tin pot tyrants, fondly imagining that this will disguise their failing. I have news for such persons ,,NOBODY IS FOOLED FOR A MINUTE.

Please excuse this rant, I have spent the whole day looking after my son who has not been this unwell since he was eight years old. Being older, a little wiser and certainly more experienced in the devious, rotten tricks that bosses are capable of I should like to say that I have convinced him of my point of view, I have failed. But this I will say.
HE IS NOT RETURNING TO THE SWEAT SHOP UNTIL HE IS COMPLETELY WELL EVEN IF I HAVE TO HIDE ALL HIS TROUSERS AND SHOES...........ANY ONE WHO DOES NOT LIKE IT CAN …......WELL HE KNOWS WHAT HE CAN DO!

No comments:

Post a Comment