Friday 14 January 2011

THIS WAY TO THE PEST HOUSE.


There has been little improvement in my son,s condition since yesterday, I shall not go into the gory details but suffice it to say that his trips to the bathroom have been many and of long duration. This has caused some discomfort to the rest of us and I am beginning to wish that the old outside loo was still in working order.
He is very weak and extremely tired as he has eaten nothing for several days and has not slept very much, I am making some chicken broth tonight and I hope he manages to eat a little as it,s restorative qualities are renown.
I have been feeling ghastly since yesterday evening and I hope that I am not to be the next victim of the prevailing plague. I was obliged to go out today to pick up some medical supplies and on my return the heavens opened and the rains came, in torrents with accompanying thunder claps to add to my delight. Thankfully I had a waterproof cape in the buggy pack so I managed to get home in a reasonable condition although I have to report that my suede boots may never be the same again.

Through out the day a steady stream of parcels has arrived, some for my son and a good many for the boys next door and the living room looks like a sub post office. We had three deliveries each with multiple parcels and the post man with the usual arm full of unwanted circulars, what a performance.
My son has not yet opened the parcels which arrived for him yesterday which is a sure sign that he is unwell.
I am felling rather confused this week as I seem to have lost a day somewhere along the line,I discovered late this afternoon that it was in fact Friday, I was convinced that it was Thursday and am now scurrying about playing catch up on several neglected jobs which I thought I had plenty of time left to do. I seem to have very little energy at the moment so some things will remain undone.
Well as the old folks used to say “The work will still be here long after we are all gone.” Now there,s a cheerful thought!
My little cat is asleep on the windowsill as I write, she had been watching people splashing about in the lane,and as the rain seems to have set in for the night I do not expect her to go very far from her favourite radiator.
I intend to have a hot bath, fill a hot water bottle,make some hot milk and nutmeg and go to bed, to sleep I hope until morning, I always was an optimist!

No comments:

Post a Comment