Tuesday 29 March 2011

SKIP TO MY LOO !


As I anticipated I had a rather restless night,on the plus side that meant that I did not have to worry about being up on time for my scan. I dressed quickly and quietly as everyone else was still asleep and having glugged down two pints of water, as instructed I sloshed my merry way to hospital, on the buggy.
This may not have been the brightest idea I ever had as the road is bumpy and every jolt made me more and more aware of those two pints.
I arrived at the hospital in good time and as I took my seat in the waiting room I sent up a fervent prayer that the imaging department was not running late. Some years ago in similar circumstance I was kept waiting for an hour and a half past my appointment time, I will not burden you with any further details, you may use your imagination!

Hoorah I was called on time and the although the scan took quite a while to do I left the consulting room and soon I was feeling much more comfortable. After all that the scan was found to be inconclusive, I have had this trouble before and in the past three scans and six x-rays failed to show that I had stones in both kidneys. It was not until I was admitted at death's door and some bright spark decided that an MRI scan was a good idea that it was discovered; by this time the large stones were damaging both kidneys and that septicaemia had set in. I shall be sure this time to make a fuss as I have no intention of going through all that again.

Back home again I cooked a breakfast of bacon ,cheese and tomato, we were all very hungry and the meal was demolished in double quick time. After helping me with the dishes my son headed of to town and I gave my room a good clean before preparing the meat and vegetables for dinner.

Through out the course of the morning and early afternoon that two pints of water gave my a lot of trouble , which is why I decided at last to do some work upstairs,where the bathroom is, well it seemed sensible .

By four things were back to normal and I took the buggy out for a spin down to the river and feeling much refreshed returned home to serve the evening meal of roast pork with all the trimmings.
We all enjoyed our meal and once again my super hero son helped with the washing up after which I sat down to write this blog. I now have a date with a hot bath and then hope a good nights sleep., at least I shall not have to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow. Hoorah again!.

No comments:

Post a Comment