Friday 1 November 2013

GETTING THINGS DONE



Now that Pa has a definite date for his surgery we are ramping up our Christmas preparations in the hope that by the time he goes in to hospital on December the 6th we shall be able to concentrate all our efforts on him.
Hampers have been dispatched to relatives filled with Christmas goodies of a non perishable nature,those with December birthdays will also be receiving their gifts and cards rather early this year. This is early even for me but I would hate to forget someone in the stressful business of having dear old Pa in hospital and of course caring for him on his return home.

My son is being a great help this year and I must admit it is rather nice to have a strong man to lean on just now. He seems to revel in the responsibility of being the head of the house and certainly it is good practice for him when he has an establishment of his own to run, and it is much better for Pa not to have to worry about routine matters.

My sons new book is coming along and should be released within about three weeks and the five star reviews are still arriving.

My only regret at the moment is that I shall have to cancel some of the planned events in December. Of course we are hoping that Pa will return from his operation with no side effects of complications but the poor chap has so many health problems that I am afraid this may well be a vain hope.

Early in the New Year he must undergo an even more difficult operation on his spine so there will be no time to worry about anything else. Two months after that he is to have re constructive surgery on his hand and wrist,after which we hope for a little time to draw breath before the whole thing starts again.

In spite of all this there is the feeling of Christmas magic in the air,strange parcels arriving and being hastily squirrelled away,the rustle of wrapping paper and from the kitchen the scent of Christmas preserves, mince meat ,and a special Christmas Conserve made with many types of berry,apples and spices.

I am still rather tired and my problems with the new medication are still plaguing me,and yet I cannot help but feel fortunate. In the past year my son has achieved the dream of a lifetime, my darling mother has been spared the horror of cancer and Pa will,at last have the surgery he so badly needs. I call the great good fortune,don't you?




No comments:

Post a Comment