Friday 15 November 2013

BUSTED FLUSH





Another night such as the one I described yesterday,with the added drama which occurred at two thirty a m,when the dodgy lavatory seat finally gave up the ghost and collapsed in to several pieces.
This sudden ,but not unexpected catastrophe,for such it was caused much consternation,not only to the person seated thereon at the time,namely myself, but my poor son who was still in the grip of the gallops!

The remainder of the night was a nightmare such as I wish never to live through again. Even the poor cat was affected by the disaster for when she jumped on to the seat the reach the window the thing lurched to the right and catapulted the poor creature in to the air so that she almost ended up in the back garden and was fortunate not to have had the still worse fate of ending up in the loo!

Morning found my son groggy,myself exhausted and for once Pa was the fittest of us all as we crawled in to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

There was one pleasant thing on the horizon,the arrival of a new buggy for me ,the existing one being too small and thus very hard on my long legs. I was speechless when it arrived, it was immaculate,and so exactly right for me that it might have been made for me instead of being a second-hand one found for my by the lovely man from" Additional Aids" in Whitton, (he deserves a plug).

Knowing we could have every confidence in the salesman made all the difference, this is our third buggy from him and all have been excellent. I could not wait to try our my lovely new transport, can you guess where I went on my first trip? That’s right I went to the hardware shop and purchased a new lavatory seat.

The new buggy is marvellous, much faster than Pa's and even faster than my old one which died last August! It is a gorgeous shade of red and is very smart, M y ride cheered me up and I returned home a little reluctantly to mend the loo. Then another miracle.

My son was up and dressed and insisted upon fitting the new seat, a task I had been dreading as my hands are very painful today. It was so easy to fit ,compared to others that within minutes it was fitted...but not quite ready to go! You see,it is one of those soft close ones ans the instructions explained that in order to ensure a smooth close that tops seat should be opened and closed twenty times, followed by the same performance for the bottom seat! My son looked so funny standing there opening and closing it ,I wish I'd had the presence of mind to take some photographs.

Dinner was a very quick meal of fish and chips with mushy peas and a nice lemon dip, salad and some of the crusty bread I baked this morning the iced cream which followed cooled my poor sore throat nicely.

Now the work is done and another day is past, all that remains is for me to take a nice hot shower, clean my teeth and then sink thankfully in to my soft snug bed, and if I am lucky, I might just stay snug for more than the hour or some I managed last night!



No comments:

Post a Comment