Tuesday 26 November 2013

HAPPY DAYS





In spite of,or perhaps because of the warm fluffy floaty feeling my new medication induces,the past few days have been lovely. Yesterday I stayed awake long enough to decorate our Christmas tree,I still have the kitchen and my bedroom to do but my son's tree is done and as usual looks splendid.

Yesterday he helped me with the big tree, in fact he took over,ordering me about ,making decisions and all of them good ones. I took his instructions like a lamb,it was wonderful to have a tall fit young person to scramble about and position things on the tree too high for me to reach without climbing!

All the same I did feel a little wistful as I relinquished my crown,I have had charge of trimming the tree since I was eleven years old,back then I was a young fit person myself. Hey Ho!! Time marches on.

I managed to remain on my feet long enough to produce dinner and I did manage most of the washing up before my legs gave out and I was obliged to take the stair lift to bed.

Today I was better in the morning than I expected and I made Pikelets for breakfast shortly after which the groceries arrived. Not feeling like doing much I took the new buggy”Red Sonia”for a trip to TK MAXX. If I have any criticism of the place it is that the customer lift is too small ,I had a hair raising time getting in and out of what resembled slightly larger than average tea chest.....very dodgy indeed!

I love these quiet happy days and my only worry is that something will happen to disturb our hard won peace,with Pa's operation taking place in just under two weeks I expect things will soon be hectic again.

I still have a sore throat and it seems that this my be caused by my new medication...time will tell.




2 comments:

  1. you named the buggy ”Red Sonia”?

    Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rather think it suits her,she is fast and dangerous,oh and she's red too. lol

    ReplyDelete