Wednesday 27 November 2013

A PERFECT DAY




Today was ,to me almost a dream come true and hours later I am still floating in a happy haze,and it's all thanks to my son.
He decided that we should go out for the day to put the new buggy through her paces, especially important is the accuracy of the mileage allowance and the batteries ability to deliver it. I confess that have been a little nervous about striking out on my own and possibly running out of power miles from home in cold weather.

After an early breakfast we set out for St Margaret's, a pretty suburb of Richmond on Thames,I measured my speed to my son's walking pace ans was surprised how little power had been used.
Felling more adventurous we set of for Richmond,a real treat for me as it must be at least ten years since I shopped there.

Richmond is blessed with several very good charity shops and these interesting emporium have always been popular with my son and I. Today I purchased a beautiful scarf with a silver butterfly clasp, a colourful fluffy scarf and a cast iron trivet for the wok, it was so exciting to be able to shop for bits and pieces again. I know it sounds a little pathetic but when you have been housebound for two years and then subsequently able only to get as far as the nearest supermarket,shopping in a lovely town like Richmond is a special treat.

We stopped for coffee halfway and then had a bit to eat on the way back so that I could safely take my medication. Thank heavens my son persisted in hos efforts to make me try a greater distance,because now other small and equally charming place are open to me,Twickenham,Whitton, Chiswick and Kew,my horizon is suddenly so much wider and although winter has set in all these lovely places will be there in the spring, I am so happy,so very ,very happy.

Pa treated us to a takeaway so that I| should not have to cook and so I chose pizza so that there would be no dishes to wash afterwards.

My perfect day ends with a cup of hot coffee and an early night, I am so lucky.





No comments:

Post a Comment