Monday 2 July 2012

THE STAIR LIFT ARRIVES







Excitement  kept me awake last night and the knowledge that it would be a very early start added to my inability to sleep. It is more than three years since I began to importune Social Services for a stair lift and a walk in shower for Pa and although the work is now done I can hardly believe that at last we have these life changing gadgets.

Suddenly after years of worrying every time mounted the stairs or took a bath are over and the change is great indeed as I had no idea how oppressed I was by the weight of worry the accomplishment of these tasks produced. Now all is well, Pa has his independence back and I no longer need to drop everything to help him up and down stairs or stay awake till all hours whenever he took a late night bath. My own infirmities   mean that I too find life much easier with our new gadgets.


My son spent the day resting at the end of his week of nights still very sore form a fall on the stairs a couple of nights ago ,it seems he has a cracked rib and it is slowing him down considerably ,so now there are three of us hobbling about the house….hey ho!
Rain stopped gardening again, nothing new there  , in this instance I blame Wimbledon! After the chaos of the past five weeks we are looking forward very much to a quiet week and now that the stair lift is in place we should be able at last to settle down and enjoy our independence ,not to mention the peace and quiet now that the builders have gone.
I have for some time been the custodian of four Emperor Moths one of which has just pupated, one died and there are two still munching the hell out of my sallows. Next year they will be released into the orchard as a part of our re-population   programme.

Now that both the boys have showered it is my turn before heading off to bed ,to sleep ,I ho

No comments:

Post a Comment