Thursday 1 November 2012

MOVING SWIFTLY ON




All manner of strange things have happened today,endless streams of mail from assorted carriers, several telephone calls all full of either interesting or aggravating news and a very odd chap who appeared at the door this afternoon and refused either to state his business of to leave when asked!


My son irritated beyond measure with the lunatics who masquerade as management at his work place let off enough steam on his return home to drive a beam engine. I was not quite awake at the time and remember only his muttering about propaganda,posters and something about a length of clothesline and a lamp post!!!!!

By ten I was well on the way to the shops to purchase gift wrap and birthday cards for those members on my family (my mother and Pa) who are inconsiderate enough to have their birthdays in December. I observed once again that it becomes more difficult each year to buy a birthday card for

my mother which 1,Does not say Mummy!.2. Has a jokey cartoon on the front. 3 A verse so syrupy as to make one wish to vomit. Or 4. A trendy yummy mummy pictured on the front! I eventually found a pretty card and was about to cheer when on looking inside I saw that it announced “Sorry you're ill”!

I gave up and searched for a card for Pa, a cared which did not have A. A pint of ale or a bottle of wine on the front. B A set of golf clubs or a fishing rod. C .A sports car.or D an extremely rude joke in appalling bad taste!!!!! Not to mention the dreadful For my Hubby...yuk,yuk,yuk!

Finally I gave up and purchased two blank cards resolving to write my own thoughts inside...I believe in the trade they call such things “SENTIMENTS”.yuk,yuk,yuk!!!!

The stray cat chose not to turn up for food until after dark ,thus giving us a day of worrying about where she was. A friend called me while I was baking a batch of cookies and went on and on and on and on and on....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! The upshot of the conversation will involve me in a great deal of trouble for some time to come.

At five I realised that I had neither sat down or had anything to drink since eight in the morning,I felt suddenly tired and slung together the fastest prawn pasta in history,ate it washed up and then road the stair lift to my room....peace at last!

Since dinner I have drunk at least a litre of water and two large glasses of sarsaparilla and my headache is beginning to subside. I anyone wants me for any thing else this evening my answer will be as lance Corporal Jones used to say “in the infirmative”



No comments:

Post a Comment