Tuesday 6 November 2012

NOT A LEAF FALLS!






On my was to hospital this morning I passed the Doctors car park where two years ago the ivy on all the trees was killed by hacking it off at base of the tree. This method of controlling ivy is never a good idea and I told them at the time that it would result in large chunks of dead ivy branch raining down out of the trees and on to the cars in a year or two.


And it came to pass that I was right ,and two years later humongous chunks of dead ivy branch,some thicker than a man’s arm began to rain down upon the Doctors Range Rovers,Jags,Merc,s and so forth. It gave me considerable satisfaction to be able to say”I told you so” to them as they surveyed the dents in their penis extensions!

Back to this morning ,as I passed the car park I observed an official looking chap with a clip board inspecting the trees,curious I approached him to ask what was going on.

I began by announcing that I was a on the committee of a local conservation group and was, for this reason interested in his activities.

“Bloody Hell,” he yelped,”I only got here five minutes ago, how the Devil did you find out I was here.”

My answer was “Not a leaf falls that goes unnoticed by our group!”

The poor chap was quite taken aback at first but then said that he thought the trees needed protection as whoever had done the earlier work must have been “A right cowboy!”

He was obviously one of us so I left him to has work and went on my way rejoicing that there are still one or two decent tree surgeons about.

A s I write the Friends of Silverhall Park of which my son is the Chairman are meeting in my kitchen,he is doing battle with the lunatic fringe, the fluffy bunny brigade. He is resolved as am that the crackpot two shall not ruin the work of years,he is armed with facts and has every one who matters wishing him well.

Pa and I are having a quiet evening watching a film and choosing Pa's Christmas present from me.

Tomorrow......tomorrow will,I hope be quiet...I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment