Sunday 19 December 2010

A BAKE IN


I had a great time today making all sorts of goodies for my sons friends at work, the kitchen smelled so good that the neighbours came to see what was going on. Luckily I had lots of interesting bits and pieces and all went well.
After a while I felt very hot so I went out on the buggy to the florist at the hospital to buy the traditional Christmas balloon for my son, believe it or not the one I brought as a welcome home for him in September is still floating about in his room. It must be a record!
The journey was more difficult that yesterday as the snow had frozen in ruts and although the buggy trundled along quite well she objected the turning corners and the back wheels spun on a few occasions,. Still I pressed on and arrived home complete with a huge balloon all safe and sound.

The pathways and roads around the hospital were a disgrace, none had been gritted and every path was a dangerous icy slide. The approach to the main entrance is up a steep incline and as I chugged my way up I saw several unfortunates sliding down on their bums.
The accident and en emergency unit complains that they are overwhelmed with broken arms and legs in this type of weather, they will get no sympathy from me, today it looked as if they were touting for business!

We had a very quick breakfast this morning of toasted cheese oatcakes and I decided as I was doing pastry I would make a rabbit pie for dinner. It is a Somerset dish and uses bacon and vegetables and the whole thing is cooked in cider before being tucked under a crust of puff pastry, we like to have a baked sweet potato with this dish.
My cat has been playing with the computer again. I left my blog half written and foolishly put the key board cover on when I had to leave it for a while. Unable to access the keys she seems, by the amount of cat hair on the cover, to have rolled around on it. I was obliged to run a search programme to retrieve the blog. She watches every move I make on the computer as she sits on my desk, she cannot use the mouse but she manages the pad quite well. She is a great fan of U tube, she will start watching reality T.V shows next, heaven help us!

about it as we hope to get the Scalextric out ….now don't laugh It is after all my second childhood.
It is freezing hard tonight and puss is ensconced on the radiator shelf with a beautific expression on her furry little face, she is so cute, every so often she stirs a little and looks to see if I have gone to bed yet,. The moment I do in about three hours time she will jump up on the bed and curl up in the hollow of my knees, or if it is really chilly she will try to get in to bed . Years ago I owned a beautiful cream Persian cat, he adored me as much as I loved him. He spent every night in winter curled up around my head like a Davy Crockett hat, to our mutual advantage!

I am off to get a bath now before Pa bags the bathroom, he spends hours in there wallowing in hot water., I think it eases the pain in his joints, poor love.
I think I shall watch a movie tonight, “Scrooge” I think, its a great picture. Night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment