Tuesday 28 December 2010

GREY AND GRIM


I just realised what a good name today's title would make for a comedy double act, I can see it now,one tall and lugubrious and the other small and nondescript, but highly comical, well they could not be any worse than Ant and Dec!
I was of course referring to the weather, I am sure it did not really get light today at all. My budgie hates grey days and now that they are not playing Christmas carols on the radio so often he has become quite miserable. I believe I may have mentioned the fact that he is very musical, he has in fact played with some of the great orchestras of the world , on the radio of course, and accompanied such famous singers as Placido Domingo and Lucciano Pavarotti, not to mention Wayland Jennings and Willie Nelson! You should hear him go when we play the 1812 Overture........wild.
I cheered him up with a chunk of Chopin and some Vaughan Williams and now all is well.

My son arrived outrageously early this morning which makes a pleasant change so we had coffee together before I packed him off to bed and began the process of waking Pa, of which by now you will have heard quite enough! While he collected himself I made three wholemeal loaves as the bread crock was empty, a sorry state of affairs indeed as I rather fancied toast for breakfast. In the end I found a couple of nice crusty ends of loaves and toasted them, very nice to, Pa had cereal.

Having discovered that we were in need of a few odds and ends I trundled off to the supermarket and I must say that the number of people intent upon hurling themselves under the wheels of my chariot was well above the usual average. Amazingly I collected what we needed and returned home without accident, a miracle under the circumstances I am sure.

I am still feeling a little under the weather but thankfully better than yesterday so I celebrated by doing the ironing, please note the irony …..ha ha!
The boys had requested a hearty winter vegetable soup for dinner so I made a cauldron full, using up such delicacies as left over Brussels sprouts which my son would not normally touch with a ten foot pole, sneaky wouldn't you say, heaven help me if he ever finds out

We did not get the promised snow last night, just some drizzle, it looks as if the Eastern Seaboard of America got it all. I have a friend who moved to New York about three months ago, 35th Street I think, I wonder what he thinks of all this, actually he is originally from Newzealand so as you can see he gets around.
Merry hell I just noticed the time, I still have a few chores to do before I can sit down and watch a film with a clear conscience , and I need to bags my place in the queue for the bath so off I jolly well go. Night night, sleep tight and I hope the fleas don't bite1

No comments:

Post a Comment