Monday 6 December 2010

THREE HAPPY PEOPLE


Today has been really lovely, all of us at home and the prospect of a whole week having fun together made us all feel very festive in spite of the fact that we were all very tired. Pa and I got almost as little sleep as my night working son, some crackpot kept on sending me text messages at various times during the night, leaving no number. Even our little cat was cheesed off at being disturbed by my rummaging about my mobile every twenty minutes Should I ever be fortunate enough to obtain the number of this .menace I promise you he will never sleep again.
We had a tasty breakfast of potato cakes well buttered and half way through the meal some visitors arrived. I had been expecting them tomorrow but they are the type of people who are always welcome so I made heaps of granary toast and passed round the shortbread tin while we had a good old gossip. By the time they left it was after twelve so I quickly made four more granary loaves and washed up the breakfast things while they rose in the tins and made some soup, mushroom for Pa and I and tomato for my son, while the loaves baked.

The lady who was expected at three thirty, to help us with our mobility problems did not arrive,nor did she call to tell us that she was not coming. This kind of rudeness is all to common these days and I must say that it makes me very cross. I am always busy and I do not have the time to waste on such things, On the plus side it meant that we had an early tea, vital on this day of the week as my son has not slept for over twenty for hours.

I have been amusing my self choosing Christmas cards from “Moon pig,” their website is a bit tricky to say the least, for an old foggie like me but with a little help it worked out very well.
We spent time planning the week ahead, tomorrow Pa and my son both have medical appointments in the morning so I intend to make some butter fudge while they are out and prepare a dinner of roast pheasant for the evening.
I have been bottling our home made liqueurs, we have quite a selection this year, Lime Vodka, Raspberry Vodka, Damson Gin, Orange Rum. Apricot Brandy, Wild Cherry Brandy and Raisin Rum. I used to make wine but these days I find it too time consuming so I make the liqueurs instead. They are always popular at this time of year and the Damson Gin is the best cough medicine I know of, one glass stops the cough and puts you to sleep at the same time. I dosed my son with it before he went to sleep last week.
The house is warm from the days baking and the cosy feeling makes the house seem as happy as we are.

I love days like this, to most people it may seem dull. But to me to have my family at home, warm and safe is the best thing in the world. I can think of nothing that makes me happier and I would not trade it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment