Wednesday 22 February 2012

MY TURN FOR PARCELS


Sleep eluded me again last night, a combination of travelling kidney stones and arthritis made me restless and unable to lie still long enough to fall asleep. Fate has decreed that this latest flare up should coincide with a bout of renal colic and I can not imagine any thing worse, I would rather give birth to twins and that a fact!

Morning found me disinclined to do much and it was with difficulty that I made the days bread and cooked pancakes for breakfast, lying in bed was not an option. Earlier I had chatted with my son on his return from work,it seems that The Management are still up to their customary unfathomable tinkering, oh well I suppose that they must have something to do!

Loud ringing from the intercom heralded the arrival of my longed for feather bed, I still am not used to answering the telephone when the bell is pressed I expect it will take time. Sleeping has become problematic over the past few years and having tried sleeping pills which only worked for a few weeks, soothing music and memory foam I decided to try a thick feather bed. While I am by no means sanguine as the the efficaciousness it has the great benefit of having a one month trial period during which time I can return it if I do not find it affords any benefit to my aching frame.

Between us we managed to put it on the bed ready for tonight and at once our cat Twiggy jumped in to the middle of the bed where she sank in up to her nose where upon she curled up with a satisfied sigh and has not budged since. I suspect that their will be trouble tonight when I try to get in to bed

Another ring announced the delivery of the recently ordered food mixer,I do not say processor as I hate the way that sounds and besides this really is just a mixer. Chosen with care by my son as it was I have been staving off the advent of this latest gadget for quite some time.
Unpacking the box was fun and I must say the machine is a beauty. Bright red with a 5 litre steel bowl, a splash guard and some very heavy duty beaters and blades, not to mention a free recipe book and a rather cheffy looking spatula.

He brownies came out beautifully and afterwards all I needed to do was wash up the blow and the beater, it was wonderful. How my son, who ad been trying to talk me in to having one of these for years will gloat, he will be insufferably smug for weeks! All the same he was right and I really should have done it months ago.

Macaroni cheese had been decided upon for our evening meal, made with fresh pasta it is lovely and is so easy to do. Tomorrow I hope to feel better and if so I shall make the boys a chicken and bacon pie as they have been so good to me and very understanding about the simple meals I have resorted to cooking of late.

What ever happens I am now confident that I shall be able to continue baking and that makes me very happy and with that cheerful though I shall go and oust the cat from my bed, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment