Friday 24 February 2012

STIRRINGS


With the first rustlings of spring the badies are once again about their nefarious business, I refer of course to the individuals who caused so mush trouble last year, His Grace, The Estate and our Local authority..

Having been prevented from building houses and a car park on what is at the moment my kitchen garden they were out yesterday with theodolites surveying the wooded shelter belt on the opposite side of the lane. Certainly this came as no surprise to me as I had predicted last year that this would be there next move.

Covert surveying of the site under cover of doing some clearing up may have seemed like a good idea to them, to us it just looked very suspicious indeed, and their doings were observed by a member of our conservation group. Our spies are every where so not a leaf falls,as they say.

Letters to the appropriate bodies are ready to send the moment there is any sign that planning permission has been sought. Wood peckers ,badgers, and some rather rare bats make their home in this small wilderness and any move to disturb these creatures would be both shameful and unlawful.
We shall need to keep a sharp look out as they have a habit of felling trees first and asking for permission later. Bringing a few grand to the Council under section 6 usually smooths over any problems, the whole arrangement is crooked if you ask me.

New members are joining forces with us and this shows promise for the future. Today we heard that H.M The Queen has donated a rare black poplar tot he local authority as these splendid trees are in grave danger of extinction, coincidentally our group purchase just such another last year and it is now growing on happily on our conservation area.

Today I put the new food mixer through its paces an I must say that it is very good indeed certainly gives my aching wrists and shoulders a rest. I made for dozen of my favourite cookies this morning in record time and they turned out perfectly. I confess that I had been worried about the machines performance but the cookies are every bit as good as usual ,I ask no more.

Bread to was needed today and so two split tins, four baggetes and a rather pretty wheat ear pattened loaf that I have been wanting to try for a while. All turned out well and with the minimum of mess. I am of course delighted.

Thankfully I am in much less pain today and feeling more like work but still I shl=all not be doing anything too heavy for qa while, my garden is beckoning and I hope to be fit to begin my spring gardening very soon.

Much net book is on the fritz at the moment and as it happens so is the lap top which I recently acquired from my son. This means that I am writing my blog on Ps's net book and although it is just a later version of mine it feels totally alien to me,I hope I can get mine fixed soon.

Pizza was on tonights menu, the base was made and frozen last week so all I had to do was embellish it with tomatoes herbs,mozzarrella, mushrooms and the usual gubins! Pizza can take or leave but my son loves it so if we must have it I would rather make it myself than buy an overpriced, under topped atrocity from one of the big pizza chains, they get worse every time we try them.

Friday is here and already we are looking forward to our week off, but first there is the weekend to plough through, still the weather is warm and the birds are singing so On with the motley, eh what?

No comments:

Post a Comment