Saturday 8 December 2012

AVIES HOME MADE CHRISTMAS

A HUNTING WE WILL GO


If at any time I have given the impression that I am a super efficient Alpha female type I hasten to assure you that it is not so!

I am fallible,very,very fallible, and it is because of this awful truth that today's blog concerns a simple form of preparation which can save hours of cursing,swearing and much burrowing in cupboards and drawers as I was obliged to do today.






It was with the best of intentions that set out to do a marathon cookie bake today. The kitchen was empty,just me and the cat,and tomorrow with the house full of very tall young men I shall be unable to get within yards of the cooker,sensible,yes?

Bowls mixers,spoons and measuring jugs all to hand I admit to a tiny moment of smugness,the huge box of ingredients,purchased over the past few weeks was awaiting my perusal,all I needed was the book of recipes......................................................................after a long...and fruitless search it became apparent that the pixies had struck again!

Frantic by now I searched all the places previously rummaged...no luck, I looked every where it could be three times and everywhere it could not be in equal measure and by this time the house looked as if it had been raided by the drug squad. I made coffee,admitted defeat and got dressed to go out for a while to calm myself down.

As I collected the necessary items,phone,purse, camera, I noticed that the camera battery was almost flat,the charger was in a desk draw....................so was the book for which I had been searching most diligently for the whole morning. I am prepared to swear (and I did) that the book was not there when I searched the drawer on at least three separate occasions during the morning.

Of course at my age it could just be that I am going ga-ga,I can hear the marbles rolling down hill even as I write.

Eventually I managed to bake four dozen lebkuchen and three dozen toffee cookies,about half of my intended work load for the day.

Hear comes the moral, before you mean to begin,but not so far in advance that you forget everything ,locate all you need for your cooking,right down to the last cocktail stick and chocolate sprinkle. Next time I need a recipe book to help me put together an online order I shall take the lap top to the kitchen,not the book to the lap top.

Now I am off for a hot shower, before something worse befalls, night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment