Sunday 9 December 2012

ORKS DRIFT




With my kitchen full of rampant Orks Necrons ,Elder and Grey Knights, there was no room for poor little me,aaaaaaah! Judging by the sounds emanating from the battlefield I imagine that there was plenty of “sanguis in via”, not to mention a great rattling of dice and a lashing of tape measures....all good clean fun!


Pa, a wretched outcast and myself, a fugitive from the Rhinos,tanks and other deadly weapons were holed up for the day in my room with a large bag of jam doughnuts,a box of biscuits and copious amounts of coffee,laced with Irish Whiskey,that deadened the pain slightly, as we waited for peace to break out or the absolute silence of total destruction neither of which came soon!

With my hands unusually idle and my brain disengaged I contemplated writing a new soap opera set in ancient
Rome a sort of “Platea Coronationem”. I had been waiting for a programme to begin and had fallen foul of a trailer for “Holly Oaks” and could not help wondering if it would be as popular in Latin, “Quercus Ilex”. I can just imagine old Caligula yelling to his torture squad to take a break while he went off to watch “Unicum via Essex est” !

Once embarked upon this whimsical train of thought I began to concoct other frivolous Latin television shows, such as “ ad nuntia in decem”, THE NEWS AT TEN, or “domum et procul”, Home and Away.

All I achieved was to convince ,myself that my command of Latin is not what it was,and I resorted at last to composing next weeks shopping list,a sure sign of boredom. So after this Pa decided to go to his room to read and I was then able to dust my room and deal with the ironing....you may image my rejoicing at this turn of events!Tomorrow I return to my Christmas preparations with a will, good night to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment