Thursday 27 December 2012

FAST AWAY THE OLD YEAR PASSES




And jolly good riddance some might say! I must admit that speaking as a keen grower of fruit and veg that 2021 was a total wash out in every sense of the word.


On the other hand we did get our stair lift,wet room and downstairs loo installed after several years of banging heads with the powers that be, a definite plus I would say.

I am making no plans for the orchard just at the moment as its fate is still in the lap of the Gods but the other two garden areas,small though they be will have a makeover this year and be adapted to the needs of vegetable growing,beans salads,peas etc. I will not be beaten!

Our two cats,while not exactly matey are at least ignoring each other at the moment and we are thankful for the peace and quiet engendered by this turn of events, the two of them caterwauling sounded far too much like violin practice with a novice piper thrown in for good measure......dreadful!!!!

No sleep again last night, although I was tired sleep escaped me and at two this morning I was on line researching the dubious business interests of one of our local big wigs,,trotters in the trough and all that...I hate corruption in high places,don't you? I mean to winkle it out before this “gentleman” does any further damage to our village. Miss Marple rides again.

I still feel rather festive even though with our son back at work our Christmas is over, I think I shall do some baking tomorrow,the smell of spices is always pleasant and I have lots of lovely Christmassy ingredients to use up.

Perhaps tonight I shall sleep though I think perhaps[s it will take a whack from a 4lb lump hammer to do the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment