Thursday 6 December 2012

FEELING BETTER







Well folks,I did it again, struck down in the run up to Christmas with a recurrence of kidney problems...and damned painful it was too. Thankfully I seem to be on the mend although the boys are not letting me do much at the moment so I am having a lovely rest. Not having slept for several nights it is wonderful just to be lying still in bed and out of pain at last.


By tomorrow I hope to be back on the job,my son has been wonderful,cooking,shopping washing up and caring for me as well as any mother could do....I have been well and truly spoiled.

Thank heavens made a good start of the Christmas baking with masses of mince pies and shortbread already stowed away. I have a very special party to cater next week and am determined on it's being a blockbuster. All the delectable ingredients await my attention and I cannot wait to get started.

For now though I shall obey instructions and keep company with my cats and a hot water bottle as I am rather shaky after the last few days.

The house has been busy with people calling to collect Christmas cakes,chutney and other seasonal treats,the boys have been playing host thus time...I'm just glad that the cookie jars were full!

Moth,our little Calico kitten and our beloved Twiggy seem to have agreed a truce and moth now spends most of her time indoors. Twiggy draped across a radiator shelf in my bedroom and Moth ensconced on a brand new cushion on the old kitchen settle, a great relief all round to be sure.

It is good to see the newcomer gaining confidence each day and feeling sure of her welcome and of course a good meal,we are very lucky to have two such adorable cats.

I seem to feel sleepy all the time ,too much codeine I expect,I think I might have a little nap now,in an hour or so I shall be given my tea and I want to be wide awake for that. I wonder what it will be today!





No comments:

Post a Comment