Sunday 23 December 2012

CATS ,CAKES AND CHRISTMAS CARDS





This has been a very hectic yet very happy day,filled with Christmassy things,carols,and cake making,visitors and Christmas card deliveries. I slept late which made for an interesting morning but there was still time to make potato cakes for breakfast,using up last nights left over mash.


Bread was needed and I baked the special Christmas loaves we always have big and soft and covered in poppy seeds.
Next a trip to the pet shop for some cat treats and a pair of squeaky mice for presents,and more important still time to cool down before the nerve racking annual task of making the huge chocolate Yule log. This is a family tradition and a lovely one, yet I confess that I am always extremely nervous during the entire process and an always very glad when the job is done.

Happily all went well,I always feel that I have fluked it but who cares? A beautiful chocolate log now awaits its final dusting of icing sugar. Pheeeeeew!

My tow cats are still wary of each other but a truce has been declared and Twiggy is more relaxed about our new kitten who is adorable in every way. Today both cats behaved well and I had great fun playing with Twiggy during a lull in the baking.

Shortly after dark my son went out to put the ramp away and found, on the doorstep a parcel for me left by a kind friend. It was a gorgeous soft fleece thow in the most beautiful plum colour,how kind people can be,I am so lucky.

Right now she is sitting on my bed awaiting my arrival with the hot water bottle and I shall not keep her waiting long I think. Tonight we feasted on thick steaks cut from the gammon joint and fried until golden brown,these accompanied by some chips and fried eggs mad a quick and tasty meal.

We yawned our way through pudding and washed up quickly afterwards. My son, who has spent the day writing is now asleep and Pa too has gone early to bed. Now it's my turn, goodnight all,sleep tight.x'

No comments:

Post a Comment