Sunday 17 October 2010

A BREAK MOST WELCOME, BUT TOO SHORT,


Gloriana, the fun starts again tomorrow, my son goes back to work, the electricians are coming to fit a new bathroom fan and cooker hood fan at exactly the time as Pa has a doctors appointment and the occupational therapists are threatening to return on Tuesday. My cup runneth over, it looks as if we are about to have a rerun of last weeks fun and frolic! I have yet to discover the secret of being in two places at once so I am not sure how tomorrow is going to work out. One thing is certain, I have no intention of leaving the electricians in the house unsupervised, they have had two goes at blowing us up, we may not be so lucky this time.
Sunday has been a lovely day for us all. The house was full of my sons friends, laughing and joking, they have such fun . Pa and I treated ourselves to a cream tea, just the two of us which was very pleasant. Prior to this treat I had ploughed through a mountain of ironing, it took over two hours to finish, ironing is the blight of my life. Huge understatement!

The sun has shone here all day and the tree,s are turning colour beautifully now that the weather has turned a little colder. The Swifts have left over the weekend so I suspect it will soon be colder still. We did not have any frost this morning but it must have been a chilly night as all the windows were steamed up this morning and the cat was obliged to rub the window with her paws to see out..
My broken toe still hurts but at least the rheumatism in my shoulder is much better today, I do sound like an old crock, don't I.
I went out for a while this morning, the air was so fresh an d cool that I could have stayed out all day.
I made Mexican food for dinner as it is quick and we all like it, I don't think it is particularly authentic as I never use chillies and we have olives and sun dried tomatoes with feta of mozzarella as side dishes, so it is really just a mixture of things we like with tortilla,s and dips, very relaxed and easy.
We are all tired as it has been a busy week and we all hate it when things happen to spoil our quiet time, especially as we are so often busy, still we all agree that much has been achieved this week.

I did something very, very stupid yesterday, I bought Pa a new dressing gown, a beautiful sable coloured thick fleecy garment which I was sure he would love, as indeed he did. However Pa is quite small, and has recently lost a lot of weight,so what possessed this benighted half wit to purchase a XXL size? It brushed the ground, the sleeves reached his knees and the belt went around his waist twice and tied in a bow. We laughed and laughed, even Pa laughed, he looked like a rather seedy old monk! I shall of course get it changed as soon as possible, and I must try to keep my wits about me when I am out shopping. This time it was,nt them others, it was me!

No comments:

Post a Comment