Friday 22 October 2010

GETTING INTO COLD WATER


It seems that the problem with my email is not after all the fault of my little mouse. I managed to send a couple of replies off last night and then yahoo packed up again. I have run every kind of check there is and some my son invented and there seems to be nothing wrong with either the computer or the mouse. What is so annoying is that I have so much information in my mail box and if I open a new one I will be unable to tell the people with whom I am corresponding as their addresses are inaccessible........Oh bum ! I am not sure what to do about it, does any one have any ideas?
The lady from the cat charity came to pick up the hamper we made up for her, she was more than happy with the contents and the cute basket they were in. She is a lovely lady.........she stayed for an hour and a half......I need say no more!
I baked a lot of extra bread today as I needed some for the hamper and also for a couple of friends who wanted a loaf each, thankfully they all turned out well. Pa and I had a breakfast of poached eggs an he even managed to get up a little earlier, I am still recovering from the shock.

We have ordered a printer to share between us and we are also sharing the cost which is fair I think, it will certainly make my life a lot easier and I shall in future be able to keep copies of important documents.
Rather late in the afternoon I decided to wash my hair, it is very long and has a life of it,s own. When I was younger if was red gold, it has faded now to a streaked blond colour,my aunt had hair like mine and she went white in the end:I hope I do as it looks nicer than grey. Back to the story , I turned on the taps and waited for the water to run hot, and waited ,and waited and it soon became apparent that something was amiss. Last night the water started to run cold as I was in the bath....most unpleasant. I went down stairs and asked Pa how it had been when he had is morning shave, fine, no problem. We checked the boiler and behold it was on the fritz again! This occurs at least once a year and always during the cold weather. We fiddled about with it for a while and at last the water ran hot again so I quickly washed my hair, better late than never. We shall have to have the plumber out I expect, before it conks out altogether, what wretched nuisances gas boilers are.

I did not have time to make the weekend cookies today but in the morning I shall make three trays of shortbread, ginger I think as the weather is chilly. It is so quick to make and everyone seems to like it. I looked in the biscuit tin this morning , there were four cherry shortcakes left so the baking will be in the nick of time.
My little cat has recovered from her shock on discovering a strange dog in her kitchen, I wish I could say the same for Pa's hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment