Tuesday 26 October 2010

THE PRINTER WORKS BUT I DO NOT


Thankfully my sons E.C.G. And visit to a cardiologist went well,apart from a little hypertension his heart is sound, his cholesterol low, he is in fact bursting with rude health. What a relief.
The hospital visit forced an early start on us but I used the time to prepare a feast of roast pork with trenchers, home made herb and garlic wedges and dips with roast vegetables. I used up the last of the pork joints so I shall be ordering the meat for November and December tomorrow, with the exception of the turkey and the duck for Christmas, we also have a joint of venison as a rule but I think this year we might try a roast of wild boar as it is a speciality of my Devon butcher.

After a breakfast of boiled eggs and granary bread, which we ate as soon as my son returned I cleared the kitchen and began a printing marathon. The new printer is amazing and it was fun to printout all the research material I have amassed for the conservation group and all the letters to and from from various political types. It took hours as I had to sort out the information in to the relevant folders, the printer was fast,I however was not! I am just glad to have all the paper work ready for Sunday,s meeting, it is a huge load off my mind.

My son put our fortnightly on line shopping order in and that will arrive on Friday, the idea of going through the business weekly is anathema to all of us .
The beautiful Lime tree outside my window has taken quite a buffeting today, strong winds and driving rain have shaken its lovely branches but some of its glory remains,to brighten an other sunny day, I hope.
My little cat has at various time during the day disported herself one all the beds , armchairs and radiators in the house and is now curled up on a folded duvet,with a beautific expression on her face and purring loudly. It is obvious that she means to sleep in some ones bed tonight, she likes to be snug. I have in the last night or two resorted to putting a duvet over my patchwork quilt as I too like to be snug.
My son wants to loose some weight to keep his doctor off his back so I am banned from making cakes and puddings, I am still allowed to make cookies and that is all. I too need to lose a stone or two so I shall join him for company, but only when he is around, when he is out I shall have the odd cream bun or chocolate.. bar.........well Christmas is coming,if you believe the dozens of catalogues which keep dropping on our door mat.
I messed up last nights blog, I could not for the life of me get my picture to publish, I hope to do better tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment