Sunday 31 October 2010

AN UNUSUAL SUNDAY


The pattern of the day has been quite different to my normal Sunday., but oddly enough things have worked our rather well. My son is starting his working week tonight instead of Monday as he is filling in for friend. Normally I bake bread on Monday morning but as fresh bread was needed for my son's sandwiches I baked today,coincidentally I would have had to bake today in any case as the electrician is coming tomorrow and as I have no idea what time he will arrive I would not have been able to bake. I have one of those dreadful ovens that doubles as a grill and does neither well, as the grill is to be fixed I shall be unable to use the oven. It is not often that things work out so well and it is lovely when they do.
The bread I baked today is made of Kamut, the flour used by the ancient Egyptians, it is wonderfully tasty, full of flavour and has a creamy colour that is most appetising. I use so many different flours and often make my own mixes, I have a lot of fun playing around with different ingredients. While I was baking I made five dozen treacle oat cookies, which means no baking at all tomorrow.
The dungeoneers played at the pub today which meant the kitchen was free and I did not have to rush at all. I did pizzas with salad for dinner as we needed to be quick, baby mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes and olives, lovely
I am far behind my in usual Christmas preparations, it may seem early but I have parcels that need to be posted early and by now they are usually ready to go. I intend to spend tomorrow wrapping gifts and writing cards to get ahead again. My mother's birthday is in four weeks and I shall,as usual post the Christmas parcels for home when I send her birthday gift. We are sending her two pairs of warm trousers as the weather came be shocking up north,my son is sending two pairs of the most amazing pyjamas I have ever seen, really lovely, she will love them I know. I went to the garden centre this afternoon, bracing myself for the ironing to come, While I was there I brought a gorgeous teddy dressed in jeans ,boots and a lumberjack shirt, my nephew,Dan is a tree surgeon , the bear seems perfect for his new baby boy, I could not resist.

Pa is well and we have enjoyed our quiet day together. My neighbour came round and offered me some wine jars, saucepans and a comfy leather armchair for Pa, the chair is beautiful, we can not believe our luck. I am really tired tonight and shall be glad when my son is safe at work, he always lets me know that he has arrived safely, then with luck I shall curl up snugly with my little cat and get some sleep. Good night to every one out there, I hope you have a happy and productive week.

No comments:

Post a Comment