Wednesday 20 October 2010

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS


Today I received a reply from Mr Boris Johnson to the question asked on my behalf at the London Assembly. You may remember that having failed to get an answer from my local council about their cavalier attitude towards the wildlife in my area ( please see previous blogs for the full story), I wrote to members of the Assembly to enlist their help. Mr Johnson,s only reply was that I should deal with my local Authority before contacting The Assembly.
I wonder if he was being deliberately obtuse or just insulting. Does he really suppose that I should have given myself the trouble of writing to all my assembly members if I had been able to get any where with my Local Authority. I need not tell you that I have not finished with the gentleman yet. His arrogant reply will look lovely in the news papers the next time he mounts the Green platform to spout!
We had two guests at breakfast this morning and we made quite a party of it, I made pancakes with syrup, piles of them and every one was eaten. We had such a good time and the meal went on until twelve noon! Thankfully I had already made the days bread, as soon as they left Pa went off for a blood test and I cleared the kitchen and prepared the vegetables for tonight's chicken casserole.
It took ages because during the course of the veggie chopping my tel;ephone was red hot, finally,much to my relief the battery gave up the ghost and peace was restored to the kitchen.
Most of the calls were about a hamper of home made goodies which I am donating to a local animal charity, it is just jars of jam and chutney,s jellies and marmalades with a bottle of home made damson gin and some fresh bread and cookies thrown in. The young lady who organises the raffle is a sweety and very committed to her cause, but she could talk the hind legs off a mule, she had me on the phone for an hour, I kid you not.
I answered my emails later and then went out to buy a hamper to put the goodies in, it should look nice with the addition of a pretty tea towel wrapped around the fresh loaf. I am very flattered that this year my hamper will be the first prize, I hope they will not be disappointed,
The chicken casserole was very good, I had baked a crown of bread buns to serve with it, we ate the lot, I think the chilly weather had made us all extra hungry.
The cat Twiggy is now spending her days asleep under one lamp or another about the house, my lava lamp seems to be her current favourite, she spends hours curled up around it whilst watching the television, she is an odd little beast.
We are once again being invaded by those blessed continental ladybirds, they are every where, I found two in my knickers draw this morning and that is no joke, I am told that they are harming our native ladybirds by giving them a virus which kills them. They are certainly giving my the pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment