Sunday 21 August 2011

A HOUSE FULL OF FUN




Oh for a quite morning , one were I could lie in bed late and drink my coffee without needing to hurry..............some hope! Moan over.
Coffee was drunk in a hurry as per, and then it was down stairs for a fast breakfast, and fast it was as the new grill is so efficient that we toasted our crumpets and muffins in less than half the usual time.
As I congratulated myself upon the fact that I now had plenty of time to do the washing up in peace my neighbour arrived and that was that. Fortunately we had lots of muffins and there was plenty of tea in the pot so we chatted away until my sons friends arrived for their game whereupon our neighbour departed and I made haste to do the dishes.......Pheeew!

The dungeoneers, well equipped with bottles of soft drink and lots of nibbles enjoyed their game while I did the ironing upstairs in my room. Way back in the sixties I remember a Tomorrows World programme which claimed that we would all be wearing disposable togs by the year 2000..........I wish!

My son has a blog site of his own now which he hopes to update daily as I do, it is much more swish than mine and has video footage as well as the usual photographs. He has the jim-jams at the moment as he sent off his book for publication last night. When he came out of his room having doe so he was as white as a sheet and somewhat shaky, it is after all the culmination of about five years research on a subject about which he is passionate. I am convinced that the subject matters to him more than the book itself. He tells me that future works will be of a lighter nature which will take less time to research, I wonder if that is what Terry Pratchett thought before he began to write about disc world, being a perfectionist I am sure my boy will go to the limit to get things right.

My own book has had to be shelved due to the endless letters I have been obliged to write to all and sundry about the cooker, The building on my garden and various matters relating there to. I am to make the banners for the conservation groups forth coming charity do. “Give me plenty of notice.” I said. Yesterday I was told that the event is to take place a week today...****..!!!!!! *. I had better get scribbling !

I did some shopping for Christmas this morning and now I have almost all the gifts I need for family and friends. I must say it is a relief to have pit done. So many things have to be posted early these days and I find that the older I get the less I enjoy the mad scramble around the shops at the last minute. Truth to tell although I adore Christmas I have always detested shopping so getting the job done is always a priority.

Since we were not sure what time the tribe would be leaving this evening we decided that we would have a quick meal tonight of eggs toast and panchetta with fried tomatoes and I am glad we did as some of the group lingered to chat after the game and it is good for my son to relax and they are such a merry group of youngsters that it is impossible to be unhappy in their
presence

After a hectic end to a very hectic week we all feel that it is as well that a three week holiday for my son is pending. Pa and I shall of course stay on the old home stead but it will be good to be off the treadmill for a time.

Rose hips are ripe which means that beginning tomorrow rose hip jelly and rose hip syrup will be made, I have a lot of catching up to do now that I have an oven again in which to sterilise the jam jars. Next weeks fund raising event will take at least fifty jars of whatever is available....and I am rapidly running out of jam jars ,.Hey ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment