Monday 1 August 2011

ALWAYS CHECK YOUR COVER BEFORE FIRING!


Today my objection to the trashing of my garden was submitted both by e mail and also by post,one cannot be too careful. I asked my son to run his eye over it and put it together in an acceptable form and he produced a very professional looking document. I had to be certain that it was as good as it could be,so much is resting upon it. and in my position I cannot afford to make any mistakes. I adhere to the motto which forms the title of today's blog, I find that it applies to far more than just shooting.
The pack contained photographs of the gardens, these had been carefully omitted by the owners in their planning application and a copy of the bird and butterfly survey carried out over that past two years. All I can do now is pray, and I shall most diligently to what ever God may happen to be listening, a statue of the Green Man holds pride of place in my garden and I hope that he will protect his own.

I had spent a restless night with a miserable sore throat and a rather unpleasant earache and was frankly glad when it was time to rise if not shine. My son brought me coffee when he arrived home this morning, he is very good to his old mum. We made plans for the week ahead and then I repaired to the kitchen to make the promised waffles which I must say were very well received.
Bread was needed and so I baked five loaves using the flour which my neighbour brought back from Devon. Never have I smelled such a rich nutty flour ,the loaves that it made are a wonderful golden brown and quite delicious .Unfortunately my oven decided to die again and so I took the loaves round to my neighbour's house and cooked them in his oven, he leaves me a key for just such emergencies as this; since one of the loaves was his regular Monday bloomer I know he will not mind a bit.

I feel a little better now that the objection has been sent, I cannot see how the estate could possibly be allowed to do some of the things they propose but there is no accounting for the doings of the planning department, we must wait and see,

This has been a busy day for e-mails as I also fired one off to my landlord requesting that gets my oven fixed a.s.a.p, that he addresses the rat problem and sorts out the asbestos roofs on our useless out buildings, that little lot should give him something to think about!I can be such a bitch when I am angry!

Short of a Miracle I expect that we shall still be without an oven tomorrow and so I intend to fire up the barbecue and cook a mixed grill for dinner, I hope the weather holds.
Tonight I made a soup of Italian origin made with fresh courgettes and garlic, it is a lovely soup for a hot day and was perfect with one of the new brown loaves and we followed this with iced cream .

Putting down my foot with a firm hand as it were I insisted that my son went to bed straight after early dinner and I hope that he will be asleep very soon, he did not argue about it he just got in to bed........he must really be tired, he has not gone to bed at my say so since he was about ten. years old.
So, now the die is cast, the chips are down, the bolt is shot and the cookie has crumbled, waiting to hear the verdict is going to drive me dotty.....yes I know I already am dotty, just as long as they do not make et mistake of thinking me harmless and dotty, eh what!

No comments:

Post a Comment