Friday 3 January 2014

ALL WET AND WINDY !





The New Year has begun rather like a very rude parrot joke I heard many years ago (see title), and oh how I loath the days when it never really gets light. In spite of this however we are managing to dash out in between the squalls on the odd errand and returning home to our cosy cottage almost makes going out seem worth while.
The lethargy which I have been fighting for the past few months still has me firmly in its unpleasant grip and this is making life difficult as I never seem to have the strength to accomplish much these days.

This morning was fun,I gave my son a cookery class which today was the making of beef burgers from scratch. None of those horrid frozen,cardboard atrocities peddled by supermarkets ,these are made with steak mince and fresh herbs,by adding different ingredients such as finely chopped sun dried tomato,chopped olives,a teaspoon full of mustard or horseradish to the basic mix the flavour can be changed and of course lamb. pork or chicken mince can be used.

I must say he did very well ,mixing the ingredients thoroughly and shaping the burgers very nicely.
Now that he is doing so well with his writing he will soon be leaving home and setting up his own establishment and since he is VERY particular as to what he eats he needs to learn how it's done....pronto!

He is in the middle of writing his latest novel and all seems to be going well,I love to see him so happy in his work and the public seem to like his work ,his sales figures for the past few weeks have broken all records.

As I write the wind is driving the rain in to the windows with such violence that the window sills are full of water and we have deployed old towels to sop up the puddles,the cats are furious as they usually spend much time in the windows which are at the moment very damp and inhospitable.

Soon now I shall take a hot shower and then snuggle down in my lovely bed,gone are the days when I danced till dawn or walked in the woods at midnight. Still life has its compensations and I have no doubt that the company of one of our delectable cats will make up for much as I drift off to sleep.

Good night to you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment