Saturday 25 January 2014

GETTING CHEFFY





Today I finally ran out of steam. After another night of no sleep and appalling pain the morning found me more tired than when I lay down and I was frighteningly weak. I managed to get up and make a pan of porridge for breakfast (I have a new spurtle I wanted to christen) and breakfast was lovely,unfortunately I kept on falling asleep at the table and eventually I had to admit defeat and allowed myself to be packed off to bed.

I propped up my swollen feet, snuggled into a fleece rug and tried to sleep but it was no use,still I was at least resting and for that I was thankful.
I was able by dinner time to make a lasagne along with some garlic bread the troops were delighted do that was all right.

I seem to be getting worse quite quickly now and my concern for the boys is growing,my confidence in them has also growing as my son becomes more and more proficient about the cooking. He now had a proper chefs apron and really looks the part.

As in all he does he takes a real pride in his efforts and shows great promise in matters culinary.
I hope to feel better in the morning,but in the event that I am still feeling shaky a rabbit pudding is on the menu,it is a breeze to make takes all day to cook and costs the minimum effort for someone who is feeling unwell. I shall serve this glorious dish with a quadrille of winter root vegetables and a rich rabbit and port wine gravy.

Well it won't do for me to lose my position as head chef too soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment