Saturday 4 January 2014

FOREBODINGS





Last night while watching the wind lashed trees take yet another battering from the rapid fire storms we have been experiencing of late I noticed that my right knee felt icy cold, within half an hour my right knee also felt as it I had placed a bag of frozen peas thereon..

One often hears the expression, “I can feel I in my bones.” Well I feel it in my knees when it is going to snow.
One August morning some years ago I announced that my knees felt cold, a sign of snow. Well of course my family flee about laughing,we were in the grip of a heat wave,none -the -less I was adamant. Within twenty four hours a hail storm, with stones big and heavy enough to crack a car wind shield, by the time the storm ended the ice chippings lay several inches thick,and the entire garden was in ruins,cut to pieces by the freak storm.

This evening I heard that there are severe snow storms happening in the United States ,now I am certain ,snow is on the way. Every day my knees get colder as the change in the weather approaches,so take my advice folks and dig out your woollies and thermals...you are going to need them.

In all fairness I must temper this advice with the fact that since the onset of arthritis I has become difficult ,almost impossible even to be accurate about when...but...to date the knees have never lied.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!


No comments:

Post a Comment