Wednesday 1 January 2014

CHANGES IN THE AIR





We saw in the new year by adding to the cacophony of bangs and explosions with a firework display as we drank each others health in good old Scotch Whisky. Somehow there was a different feeling in the air and I believe that we are as a family entering a period of change, for there are many landmarks pointing the way which used to hold a certain degree of fear for me....until these past few days.

Last year was filled with gambles which paid off for us all and while there are still more to come the ground work has been laid on which the future can be built. Not least of these is Pa's wonderful recovery from his knee surgery,if mine own operation is as successful our future is brighter than we could ever have dared to hope.

One thing is certain there will be changes,some rather big changes to Avie's Small World in the coming months,time cannot be made to stand still, and quite right too. What these changes will be is still for the future but their coming is in the air already,a feeling , a restlessness,an excitement,and we must wait and see.

Sometimes I feel like a little snail such as those who live on our old garden wall ,comfortable in my shell and at one with my surroundings,then there are the times when ,as of old my feet begin to itch for new ground or my heart sometimes aches for other old familiar places that were once home to me.

My small world has been everything to me for so long that it is hard to imagine any change and as I grow older familiar things seem more and more dear to me,but the gypsy I once was still remains and if the call should come I should follow where ever it might lead.

I hope for peace and a quiet life, I long for the country air ,sweet in all seasons,but most of all my family, which means more to me than all the rest comes first, the great love we share between us is our strength and our joy,and is, I find, stronger than even ever suspected.

One the first day of a New Year I have only one resolution,to be content with whatever providence sends.



No comments:

Post a Comment