Friday 2 July 2010

IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT




In spite of my threat to go on strike I have just spent six hours in the kitchen and hot does not describe it, my only consolation is that I ran out of time and was unable to do any ironing. We shall have quite a few visitors next week and so the cookie jars had to be filled, I made three large trays of melting shortbread, there are also some nutty nibble biscuits.

Today happens to be bread day so I baked two large bloomers, two batons, and some soft bread rolls, four of which we ate for lunch smothered in mayonnaise, crisp salad, and lots of juicy crayfish....yum.

One of our lovely neighbours has a birthday tomorrow and I was asked to make him a cake, I am told he is fond of lemon drizzle cake so I made two in case of any problems, they both turned out perfectly so we shall have one ourselves for a treat during the week end. I began at nine and finished at three thirty with a half hour out for lunch. Dinner tonight will be sausages, eggs and chips and if any one moans about the menu I shall produce a speech that makes Gordon Ramsey sound like The Pope!

The cat Twiggy is still causing mayhem, my poor husband found a very dead mouse under the bed last night, the one that got away evidently, we had noticed an odd odour during the day and had thought it was the drains, thank the Gods it was just one of the cats victims.

My poor son seems to be past the peeling stage at last he still looks rather scorched however, he does not complain at all except when I forget and give him a hug, he can be quite deafening when he bellows, quite like Brian Blessed....come to think of it........Better not go there!

I shall laze about this evening with luck. It's been a good day on the whole...maybe I will go on strike tomorrow. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment