Saturday 10 July 2010

NO COMPLAINTS




It has been a lovely day for us, sizzling hot but lovely. My husband got up first and made coffee for every one and a very nice it was. Then my son made a breakfast of croissants and strawberry jam and hot buttered crumpets, I felt very cosseted, it was a wonderful start to the day. We cleared away the dishes and then my sons friends began to arrive, they went off to a local restaurant for lunch and then returned to here for their game, they are a great bunch and they are like family to me.

It was much too hot to do any gardening and to be truthful I felt very lazy today, like every one else I am finding it hard to sleep in this extreme heat. With the kitchen full of young men. Cooking was out of the question, for which relief much thanks, so I spent an hour or two improving my score on DX ball, pinball and computer solitaire while consuming copious amounts of fizzy mineral water.

Later in the afternoon I took a buggie ride to the garden centre which is much to close for my purse, I love plants and can never resist. I am a member of their gardening club and I get some good discounts and special offers so that helps a lot. When the tribe left we decided to get fish and chips for dinner, lovely, no cooking, and ice cream completed the meal. As the sun began to go down I swear you could hear the garden sigh with relief, there is so much vivid colour during the day and at night the evening primroses and night flox attract the moths and flying beetles which in turn brings in lots of bats, at least three different types.

After dark you can hear the hedgehogs snuffling about in amongst the flowers looking for grubs. I have seen a lot of the night garden lately, even sleepless nights can be a pleasure in a place like this. I am so lucky, and thank the Gods for my good fortune every day, especially on such a perfect day as this has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment