Thursday 16 September 2010

FUN AND GAMES


Today was fun we managed to play games for a couple of hours this afternoon. My son had an early appointment with his G.P. to check his hypertension and I am happy to say that it is almost normal at last which means that with luck he will be able to start his flying lessons early next year. While he was out I baked four barley corn loaves and on his return we had a celebratory breakfast of hot buttered crumpets and croissant with strawberry jam. After breakfast I delivered a loaf and some jam to a friend and then returned to do some cleaning and prepare our evening meal of lemon and pepper roast chicken with sweet potatoes roasted garlic and crusty bread. .This is a very simple and extremely tasty meal which requires very little work .I often do this dish if we want to have a game in the afternoon. My son and I had a hilarious game of pick up sticks until Pa was ready to play,we laughed so much that it was almost impossible to play but it was great fun. When Pa joined us we played poker dice and Pa won again and again, we must try and do better tomorrow or we shall never hear the last of it. Dinner almost cooked itself and was enjoyed by all........except me. I dislike hot chicken and was quite happy to have a lovely big sweet potato and some bread and butter, I planned to have a cold chicken leg tomorrow as we are having cooked meats and cheeses with salad tomorrow. Unfortunately Pa just arrived to inform me that he had found my piece of chicken on the kitchen floor. I suspect the cat Twiggy is responsible for this as a few moments before the felony she left my room and went down stairs only to return a few minutes later to sit on the bed and wash her face, any one who owns a cat will know what that means. As it happens I had set aside a small plate of chicken pieces for her super but as Pa had ignored her polite requests for her share she helped herself to mine. Oh well I could always eat the cats share for my meal tomorrow although I feel more inclined to oblige Pa to treat me to fish and chips, we shall see.
There was a real chill in the wind today and I was glad to wrap up warmly in a sweater when I went out. As I write darkness is falling fast and the shivery wind is bringing down leaves and seeds in regular flurries. I shall be glad to curl up in bed tonight with the cat, who will no doubt expect and of course receive forgiveness for absconding with my chicken leg, she is so beautiful,it is impossible to be cross with her for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment