Saturday 11 September 2010

The Hero Returns

Yes he is back all safe and sound and loaded down with books and a beautiful picture to hang in his room,it is of a world war one trainer aeroplane and of course we hung it as soon as we had hugged and had coffee. Pa went out earlier to buy some special hooks and I must say it looks splendid, the perfect size for the space and he is so pleased to have it at last. He also bought a gift for me, a lovely pendant made from polished wood with the runic symbol of my name carved on it,and Pa has a new mug with a view of the stones at dawn with which he is very pleased. Suddenly the house is alive again,he has a way of lighting a place up,it is impossible to be gloomy when he is around.

Pa and I spent the morning getting everything ready for the hero's return and I made a batch of new bread for us and our neighbours, and Pa fed the birds while I prepared the evening meal,chicken pomadori with my special pasts sauce,which incidentally nothing lika momma used to make! Although I an not a fan of this dish owing to the fact that I have had to eat it too often we all ate it tonight and I quite enjoyed it much to my surprise. We had blueberry jelly for afters and during dinner caught up on all the gossip and swapped news.

As he was very tired from his journey and having to lug a huge pile of books about we decided to have an early night. I am rather pleased about this as last night we had trouble getting to sleep. I believe I have mentioned that there is a very old graveyard behind our house,well last night there appeared to be about ten nor twelve people enjoying a drunken revel about ten feet from our window. I thought live and let live until about one thirty and then having had enough I employed a small skill I happen to have acquired , I am able to throw my voice as a ventriloquist does and began to make bloody curdling moans and groans. The revellers at first accused each other of making the noises to scare their fellows but as they fell silent one by one and the moans continued they very soon legged it and peace was restored at last. I must confess that this is not the first time I have resorted to this means of gaining a good nights sleep. I once terrified a group of noisy girl guides who were camping out there to gain some badge or another, and have turned my skill on the local drunks who occasionally hang out there so often that the place is gathering a reputation for being haunted. We will just have to hope that the Society for Psychical Research does not turn up one night.

I am cooking a pork dish tomorrow, we so seldom get a Sunday all together because my son is either asleep or gaming with his friends so a proper Sunday lunch is a real treat. I had intended to do roast beef but pork seemed more popular so I was out voted. I do not mind at all as I love roast pork so every one is happy. The cat twiggy is also glad to have all her people at home again, she wanders in and out of my sons room when he is away and often sleeps on his bed, a thing she never does when he is at home. She also listens to his voice on the telephone, she really does miss him. I have waffled on quite long enough on shall disappear to the bathroom while I have the chance.

Have a lovely evening and keep safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment