Sunday 5 September 2010

A REAL DAY OFF AT LAST


Today has been really special as apart from cooking dinner I have done absolutely nothing at all, zero ,nowt,zilch!It almost drove me potty but I needed to stop charging about for a while, My son brought me tea in bed and then cooked us all a breakfast of toasted crumpets and jammy croissants with lashings of orange juice and a large pot of tea. His friends arrived for their game and I took the buggie out to the garden centre and picked up lots of seeds for next year, they are on sale at fifty pence a pack so I could not resist.
When I got home I spent the afternoon messing about on the computer and lost all track of the time. Pa and I had a lunch of cold meats and pork pie very late indeed. The gang left a little later than usual but they had a good time and that is all that matters. I knocked up a very quick pasta for dinner and we finished of with a piece of chocolate cake each.
All is ready for my sons holiday and he will leave early in the morning so I shall be up to see him off of course. Pa has a doctors appointment at ten o clock so he too will be leaving the house early...............I hope! I shall have the house to myself, a rare event indeed these days , I suppose I could hold a wild revel in their absence but actually I shall just enjoy the quiet while I make the days bread. No radio, no television, no one needing attention, it will only be for a few hours but I am so looking forward to it, does that sound dreadfully selfish?
I shall miss my son from the moment he leaves, but I am truly glad that he is having some time to himself , I know the value of quite time. We have a tradition in the family that when ever he goes away there is always a large welcome home balloon in his room when he returns and his favourite dinner, its fun to plan treats for him. We seem to have a lot of odd traditions in the family ,perhaps we are just odd. I feel very lazy but rested and relaxed, ready for the fray again tomorrow. These cool mornings are so lovely,oh yes I promised a picture of the mist on the fields, I hope you like it. As the autumn progresses the mist will get heavier and more noticeable;e so more pictures in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment