Tuesday 24 April 2012

CONSPIRACY THEORY




Since Monday we have been experiencing problems with our internet connection and I am beginning to suspect foul play! First thing on Monday morning a Sky Van appeared across the the road and remained there for several hours. Lunch time brought a sales man who wanted us to sign up for a Sky package, at the time I was unaware of this fact.


Monday night found us without internet access and vastly inconvenient it was, unable to access my e mails I missed and important meeting between local action groups which I needed to attend.

Tuesday morning and we were back on line...temporarily as during the following days our internet connection was to say the least intermittent. During this time our mobile telephones began to cut out half way through calls,a really nuisance to be sure.

Next another Sky rep arrives on our door step insisting that we would be much better off with the package he was offering than with our existing on with Virgin Media and while I was willing to allow that this was quite possibly true I was unable to make any decision about it as the Land line and the internet are dealt with by my son who's knowledge of such matters is vastly superior to my own.

My son was not at all pleased when he discovered that the young man was the same one to whom he had given a polite no thank you a few days previously and I began to feel a trifle annoyed as that evening the internet died yet again.

My son has gone west,quite literally as he is on holiday in darkest Wiltshire until Saturday and at this point the internet is down again and our mobile phones ,which incidentally have nothing at all to do with the Virgin Media Contract are not working either. Our land line is useless and this is of course affecting the link line which is our panic button if Pa or myself are taken ill. We are in short incommunicado as I write and so I have no means of knowing if I shall be able to publish this blog .

Next comes the question, is someone tampering with our connection? It seems unlikely and yet it is rather a coincidence and if you add to that the fact that while attempting to go on line this morning And finding our internet connection down again a massage informing me that there was a connection available with another server if I would be so good as to sign up for it!

This was not the usual connections in range stuff but someone attempting to sell me a new package. Feeling that this may not be a good idea I did not go-ahead with it and switched off my computer.

So, What the devil is going on? Are we being messed about? Am I just being paranoid? Perhaps although of course as the old saying goes. “Just because you are paranoid it does not meant that they are not out to get you!”



No comments:

Post a Comment