Thursday 5 April 2012

TOM VISITS HIS OLD HOME


When ever my son had time off from work of it used to feel as I did on the first day of the school holidays,full of plans and excitement for the fun to come. Nowadays I am afraid to say that these glorious but all too short breaks from the treadmill of having a shift worker in the house feels more like a short parole from prison,something to look forward too but all the time there is the knowledge that soon I must return to my cell again.

Never the less this is the first day of an eleven day vacation and I mean to make the most of it.
Gardening, sketching ,writing and of course a good deal of cooking are on my list of things I should like to do. Pa and I had considered a picnic but with the return of the chilly weather we shall stay at home and have oxtail stew instead. With a more relaxed schedule I am hoping to find the time this week to make a couple of large bright banners to advertise the fĂȘte, they need to go on display as soon as possible and then weather permitting we shall have a good turn out on the day.

Quite apart from having the time to do a few outstanding chores I hope (and I admit that it's a faint one) to have the occasional lazy morning, getting up a little later is a rare treat these days, oh well we shall see.

Now for the most amazing ,wonderful news. Only a couple of days or so ago I mentioned how much I still missed my beautiful old Tabby cat Thomas, well incredibly last night he came home. My son was leaving for work and as he opened the door there was Thomas sitting on the doorstep with Twiggy, he spend some time looking in a the window and finally he came in to the house strolled upstairs for a look around and then came to me when I called his name for a huge cuddle before leaving again. He stayed around for half an hour but would not come inside again. There were many happy tears shed last night , just to know that he is alive and well is wonderful.

I have dreamed so often that Tom came home that this morning I could not believe it was true until my son came home and began to talk about his return. Dear wise beautiful Thomas, how I hope that he will one day come home to stay. To touch his fur again and to see his lovely face and noble whiskers was for me a great blessing after so long without him. Miracles still happen sometimes and always when you least expect them it seems.

Tonight all here are happy, so many good things have happened recently for all of us and we are thankful for these good things and for the extra time together. Plans for the fĂȘte are well under way.,my son has three books almost ready to launch and our difficulties with the stairs and the bathroom will soon be a thing of the past. Our strength as a family unit has carried us though times of stress, ill health and last years worry about our home, now it feels as if the sun is shinning just for us and we shall bask in its friendly warmth for as long as it lasts, with grateful thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment