Tuesday 17 April 2012

MONDAY WOES

MONDAY WOE







Still feeling grim myself I have worried all through the weekend about my stubborn son who has from the beginning of this nasty affliction insisted that he would be returning it work tonight. I admit that he has tried very hard to behave as if there was nothing the matter these past couple of days but the hacking cough and the streaming nose have told a different tale!

Last night he prepared for the week ahead in his usual manner of staying awake all night and then sleeping for as long as possible throughout Monday getting up in time for dinner and then heading off for work. Not being able to sleep myself I made a hot drink and took one in to my son to help him get through the night, I found him fast asleep fully clothed and propped up on his bed with the television on. I switched off the television. Covered up my poor recumbent son, switched off the light and left quietly closing the door behind me.
When he awoke he needed a drink bit it was iced water he asked for as he had while sleeping acquired a sore throat, poor boy his temperature was up again and he looked ghastly.

Of course I pleaded with him to show some sense for once and not go to work until he was better , and now I really began to worry because as a rule he refuses to listen to reason and argues until I give up.
Down stairs I made some soft scrambled eggs baked the days bread and then went out for supplies of such delicacies as iced cream, soft fruits and medicated throat sweets. Once home I made some creamy chicken soup for supper.

He talks now of returning to work tomorrow and is already fretting about spending tonight in bed. It looks as if I shall have to hide his trousers and shoes and nail his bedroom door shut if he is to stay put until he is well again. Who'd be a mother?

Our little cat Twiggy is very aware of Toms presence in the garden at not and although he has not come back in to the house she has asked to go out to him and when indoors spends all her time up the window staring out in pt the darkness to see if he is there. Until Tom disappeared the two of them were very close, I believe that in a few weeks when the weather is warm enough to leave the doors open in the evening Tom will just stroll back in to the house as is he was never away.....I do hope he does, I have missed my lovely Mr Tom.

BUM!!!! I have just discovered that our router is not operating and with my son in his present condition I shall refrain from bothering him about it , anything remotely wrong with our on line facility or one of the computers drives him potty. This of course means that I shall not be able to post this blog until the router is fixed.....Hey Ho...I expect that after all these months of reading my waffle you could use a day off yourselves.
Tuesday Morning..I borrowed a router from my neighbour and am now back on line. My son is sleeping ,he intends to go to work tonight, rash fool!



No comments:

Post a Comment