Sunday 19 August 2012

I just cannot be asked






Coming as I do from the northern moorlands I confess that I find this level of heat oppressive,today I finally gave up trying to work through the heat. Last night was spent lying starkers under a mosquito net ,rising occasionally to wring out my pillow or stand under a cold shower. During the past week we have noted the increase in the number of mozzies and their vicious attacks have plagued us all, but it is their high pitched whining hum which annoys me the most ;even jungle strength mozzie lotion does nothing to daunt these little horrors.




Sticky ,weary and tousled it was a reluctant trio who assembled at the breakfast table,rather later than usual, for breakfast en famile . Sundays are gaming days and at the moment the Sunday game is played in our kitchen so late as we were, although we ate in haste the first guest had arrived well before breakfast was over.



As the kitchen was to be the scene of battle Pa and I washed up in record time an left the warriors to it. Now I had the day free and for once there was no baking to do and I was thankful,hot as it had already become. I had no intention of doing the ironing and it was far too hot to work in the garden, even the cat twiggy was,by eleven in the morning was flaked out in her shady tree house where she was to remain for the rest of the day.



As I sat at my desk ,making believe to write I began to nod off almost at once and at last gave up the struggle, stripped off and returned to the protection of my mozzie net and fell asleep at last.

Dinner,was very late as the battle raged for longer than usual than usual, it was the fastest stir fry in history and non the worse for that.



As I write darkness is falling fast and although it is still sweltering a light breeze has sprung up and the stirring in the air is pleasant. I have a glass of chilled beer and fully intend to have another before long.



Tomorrow whatever the weather there will be bread to bake and we shall all swing in to action as the new working week begins.

My blog has been as boring as the day has been,noteworthy only for the fact that today I did practically nothing at all, thankfully a rare occurrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment