Saturday 3 August 2013

BLOGGED OUT.




What a week ! I have written so many letters that I lost count,mostly concerning the ongoing siege with the Estate about the work to be done in the kitchen. Let me pose a few questions questions.

I your company employed fully qualified and very experienced carpenter and joiner on site would you send a new employee who has no qualifications in either carpentry or joinery to make and fit new worktops,sink and cooker hob?

If your company had a large extremely well equipped workshop in which to make the afore mentioned worktops and breakfast bar,would you insist upon making these items in the home of the people for whom you are making them?

If you could be certain that the work on site could be finished in a day,necessary as a gas fitter has been booked for a specified time on a specific day , would you insist on leaving the making the work surfaces until the day they were to be fitted?

If the gas fitter you were employing was also a qualified plumber,would you insist the the unqualified numpty I mentioned earlier do the plumbing work needed to connect the new sink and reconnect the washing machine?

I suspect that your answer,like any other sensible individual would be a resounding NO,to all the above questions.

Believe it or not the Estate Manager has not chosen the sensible option,for reason of his own he has decided to cause my family as much trouble as possible and employ some one totally without qualification to do the job.
He is insistent that the work tops are to be made in my kitchen ,on the day they are to be fitted(We have no date as yet) and they are to be fitted and plumbed in by the unqualified employee I mentioned before.
He has only been here a few months and is a;ready known to all as “Superman” he professes proficiency in all things,without a single piece of evidence to support these claims;and ,it must be said displaying plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Add to this toxic little scenario the fact the two of the three residents in the house are disabled,one of them severely and you have a recipe for disaster

My last letter,sent on Friday has not yet received and answer,I did not expect to receive one as of course Friday is POETS day (piss off early tomorrows Saturday). No doubt on Monday I shall receive yet another ill considered reply fro the Estate Manager.

At present the Facilities manager is on holiday,so we have something to be thankful for, unfortunately he has left “Superman”in charge.........WHY? IN Gods name why? When they have better qualified men on site,it beggars belief.

I have worked in some weird and wonderful places during the course of my quite eventful life. Ye God's, I once worked for the late Lord and Lady Hanson,certainly no job for the faint hearted. I have worked with Directors who were ego maniacs and some times sex maniacs....never,never have I encountered such a set of complete cloth heads as those in charge of this estate.

With this in mind I can only say that it comes as no surprise that the Estate is losing money hand over fist and that His Lordship is practically pot-less!


Woe to the man who employs an idiot, thrice woe to the man who listens to his advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment