Friday 16 August 2013

THE KITCHEN IS FINISHED


After much travail the work on the kitchen is is completed,everything has been put away,a lot of clutter has been thrown away and my bedroom is no longer doubling as a dining room cum storeroom.

The men have done an excellent job and it all looks splendid and although it took longer than it should have (in the end they did not cut the tops to size until late yesterday afternoon instead of on Wednesday as I had asked) I am more than pleased with all that has been done.

Throughout the past few days my son has been a rock, always cheerful and shouldering much of the responsibility for making sure things were done correctly. I cannot express my gratitude to him for his help and modest as he is he brushes aside all praise and refused to be thanked. He is a very fine young man and I am so very proud of him.

Yesterday I was unwell,stress dose strange things to me these days,today I am only very very tired,tomorrow I hope to be better.


I am waiting for the kitchen floor to dry and then shall cook dinner in our lovely new kitchen, and after that it will be early nights all round,and so to coin a phrase “That's all folks.”

No comments:

Post a Comment