Friday 30 August 2013

HOMECOMING




When Pa and I sat down to breakfast this morning we we were  happily
discussing the plans for my sons return from his holiday,no sooner had the first pancake begun to sizzle on the griddle when the carpenter turned up to replace the incorrect backing used as a finish on the new work tops. We had been expecting him on Monday so as you can imagine I was less than pleased.

Having been told that wooden beading would be replaced all round you may also imagine that I was distinctly dis cuffed to learn that the workman’s intention was to merely remove the wood and fix it on again with a different glue! I showed him the black areas in the grain and around the nails and told him that if after only a week the wood was in such a condition it was obviously not the correct material for the task.

It transpired that they had purchased a different material to replace the wood but had, again bought the wrong item. Now I became cross and told him that I had no intention of putting up with a shoddy job for the purpose of saving the Facilities Managers face. He argued for a moment and then I told him that the items he needed were readily available at out local hardware store,in fact the were available in any hardware store,after all people are fitting kitchens every day. He went and purchased the right stuff in short order and fitted it at once..

I barely had time to clear the kitchen before my son returned to a rapturous welcome from Moth who then decided to have a long sulk. We went down to dinner and heard all the travellers tales.


It's good to have by boy home again,very good indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment